Friday, September 08, 2006

Audition dialogue

Here are the pieces of dialogue I want you to use when auditioning. Notice I haven't typed it all out. Rather, i've given you the page number and then the first and last lines of the block of text. If there are other people speaking in the selection (and there are in most because I want to see how you react to other characters speaking to you), I will read the other lines during the audition.

Keep in mind that I want everyone to audition for a speaking part. You may end up with a silent role, but i still want to see what everyone has. Hell, you might be a big bag of awesome and not even know it.

Poseidon
(91) "Welcome Athene."..."Why this leaping at random between hate and love?"

Athene
(91) "You are a great god honoured by Gods"... "homeward voyage disaterous for the Greeks."

Hecabe
(95) "The Argive crews muster and grip their oars" ... "With horror I could not sleep."

Chorus
(95)"I came to ask for news"..."Far, far from Troy!"

Talythbius
(97) "Hecabe, my frequent journeys here to Troy"...."She is to be his concubine"

Cassandra
(102) "Mother, wreathe a triumphal garland round my head"..."Who was not plundered from him, but went willingly"

Andromache
(111-112) "It is over now."..."In the house of the very man who struck my husband dead" [middle of her long speech]

Menelaus
(118) "How glorious the sun shines on this happy day!"..."Then all we need is a fair wind, and we'll have her home."

Helen
"Menelaus, is this meant to frighten me?"..."And refused to kill his child" [in middle of her long speech answering Menelaus]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home